November 14, 2011 10 Comments
I love any great organizational tip that involves items I already have. With space always an issue in my downtown apartment- especially in the kitchen, I’m always trying to find ways to utilize each area to the max. Here are some really innovative ideas I’ve come across for ways to help save space, organize and take advantage of every nook and cranny of your home. I’m especially thrilled about the ingenious use of a magazine rack as a cutting board holder inside a cabinet door- brilliant!
1. Store cleaning supplies in a shoe holder over the back of your laundry room or closet door. The products will be easy to find and access, and it saves space.
2. Mount a magazine rack inside a cabinet door to stash your cutting boards out of sight. The easiest way to mount the rack is to take the cabinet door off its hinges and lay it down. Predrill the screw holes for the L-brackets and mount the rack to the center of the cabinet door.
3. Display your stash of coins from trips abroad by turning them into funky & functional magnets. All you need is a glue gun or some super glue and a small pack of magnets (available from places like Target or your local hardware store.)
4. As someone with a raging scarf addiction who owns more than I could ever count, I’m always trying to rearrange & relocate them around my closets so they are on display while not taking up too much space. I’ve never been thrilled with how I’ve stored them but this new idea for a scarf rack involving a towel rack and shower curtain hangers is too brilliant to ignore. Plus, I love how this storage idea keeps them all on display and so easily accessible.
5. Use spare ice-cube tray’s or pick up a couple new ones to use as all-purpose jewelry holders in your top dresser drawer. No more tangled necklaces or late mornings spent endlessly searching for that second earring.